Mars Protocol
Search…
πŸ’Έ
Fees
Mars generates fees each time a user deposits or borrows collateral through C2B loans as well as through approved C2C credit lines.
Initially, 80% of all interest payments go to lenders, with the remaining 20% being split amongst the Mars Treasury, Safety Fund, and xMARS stakers. The portion of Mars fees distributed to xMARS stakers should be seen as their reward for successful governance (through the Martian Council). For example, if the Martian Council authorises a C2C credit line which functions as intended and delivers fees, the Martian Council will be rewarded for this effort through a pro rata share of a portion of the increased fees paid to Mars.
All parameters, including the reserve factor and percentage of fees flowing to each bucket, will be alterable by governance.
Copy link